Obtaining a County-Level Ballot Status Report
Follow these steps to obtain a county-level Ballot Status Report.
- Download the state-level Ballot Status Report from the "Data" page for the specific election, located under each year at https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/data-research/election-results-and-voters-pamphlets.
- Open the relevant spreadsheet within the zipped file. Smaller elections usually have only one spreadsheet present, but larger elections may have multiple spreadsheets with county groupings labeled in the file name. (Note: To open the spreadsheet, you need spreadsheet software on your computer, such as Microsoft Excel or the free LibreOffice Calc.)
- Enable a data filter. In Microsoft Excel, open the "Data" menu and then select "Filter." In LibreOffice Calc, open the "Data" menu and then select "AutoFilter."
- Select the drop-down menu for the "County" column and remove all of the counties except for your county (or counties) of interest. Click "OK" to apply the filter.
- (This step is optional to decrease file size) Select all the displayed data by pressing Ctrl+A/Command+A and then copy it by pressing Ctrl+C/Command+C. Open a new blank spreadsheet and paste it by pressing Ctrl+V/Command+V.
- Save the file in .xlsx format by opening the "File" menu and then choosing "Save As" and selecting "*.xlsx" from the file type dropdown.
After completing the steps above, the new file should only display ballots from the county (or counties) of interest. If you have any questions or are unable to complete these steps, contact [email protected] to obtain a county-level Ballot Status Report.