FAQ - How do I get copies

How do I get copies of articles, certificates and other documents recorded with the Secretary of State?

With the Corporations and Charities Filing System (CCFS) copies are available on-demand and for free. All you need to do is search the UBI number, select the entity from the search result, and select the Filing History button at the bottom of the page. From there you have access to all documents filed in our office on that entity.

NOTE: Corporation bylaws and LLC operating agreements are not filed in this office; they are internal documents kept on file with the businesses. The Secretary of State's Office does not regulate how bylaws or operating agreements are to be obtained. You must follow up directly with the businesses to obtain this information.

NOTE: The Legal Entity Registration (LER) document is no longer provided by either the Secretary of State or Department of Revenue. Since a copy of the filed annual report is available and on-demand there is no need for the LER document as a receipt for annual reports.

Copies of your Business License (BLA) can be ordered with the Department of Revenue www.dor.wa.gov or by calling 360-705-6741.