Ballot Status Codes
During an election, track your ballot at VoteWA.gov. Ballot status will update as your ballot is received and processed. Please allow 3-5 business days for your ballot to be posted as received.
The personally identifiable information of eligible individuals who are under the age of 18 (future voters) is exempt from public inspection and copying, except for the purpose of processing and delivering ballots, per RCW 29A.08.710.
Ballot Status Categories
- Ballot has been marked as sent by the county (date may be in the future)
- Ballot has been received, but signature has not been reviewed.
- Signature review has been completed, the voter has been credited with voting, and the ballot is accepted.
- Rejection/Challenged + Challenged Reason
- Signature/ballot has been challenged. The county election official will contact the voter.
|The status for these codes could change during processing.|
|Hold||Voter returned a previously issued ballot that has been superseded.
· If the ballot returned is the same ballot style as the current ballot, it will be counted.
· If different ballot style, the ballot must be held until 7 days after Election Day and then duplicated onto eligible ballot style if the current ballot is not returned.
|Review||The ballot is being held for signature review. Following the review, this status will change.|
|These challenge codes require an action by the voter.|
|Unsigned||The voter did not sign the declaration on the outside of the return envelope. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.|
|Signature Does Not Match||The signature on the return envelope does not match any signature on file. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.|
|ID Required||The voter registration has failed the ID check and must provide ID before the ballot can be counted. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.|
|Other than Voter||The signature on the return envelope does not match any signature on file. The signature on the return envelope appears to be a different name. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.|
|Power of Attorney||The signature on the return envelope was completed by someone other than the voter and the signer is identified as Power of Attorney. The voter must make a mark (X) and have it witnessed by two people. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.|