Due to high filing volumes, we are currently experiencing longer than normal filing times. We appreciate your patience as we work to have everything completed as soon as possible.
SB 6491 is effective June 28, 2016. Under this new law, the Secretary of State will not certify or attest to the signature of a notary public on a document:
- Regarding allegiance to a government or jurisdiction;
- Relating to the relinquishment or renunciation of citizenship, sovereignty, military status, or world service authority; or
- Setting forth or implying a claim of immunity from the laws of jurisdictions within Washington, immunity from the laws of the State of Washington, or immunity from Federal Law.
To view the entire Senate Bill, click here SB 6491
- Documents must be notarized prior to their request for apostille or certification
- Los documentos deben ser notariados antes de su solicitud de apostilla o certificación
- Link to notary guidelines RCW 42.44.100