File for Office
<< For Candidates & Campaigns
CANDIDATE FILING PERIOD IS CLOSED
The Voters' Pamphlet deadline for all statewide, congressional, legislative and judicial candidates was Friday, May 27, at 5:00 p.m.
For questions, please contact us Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at (800) 448-4881 or [email protected].
Online Candidate Filing was open here at 9: 00 a.m. May 16 and closed May 20 at 4:00 p.m.
- The candidate portal stops receiving and processing declarations at 4:00 p.m. sharp. Submit your filing before 4 p.m.
- Mobile devices are not recommended.
- Payment must accompany the declaration before an election official can process it.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for candidacy approval. You will receive a confirmation email to the candidate email address.
Requirements to file online
- Be registered to vote in the district for which you are filing.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Submit by 4 p.m. on Friday.
File in person or by mail
All candidates are encouraged to file a Declaration of Candidacy online. For help, please contact your filing office.
The Office of the Secretary of State administers the public offices listed below. Contact your county elections office for all other offices.
- United States Senator
- United States Representative
- Statewide Executive
- State Legislative (multi-county only)
- Supreme Court Justice
- Court of Appeals Judge (multi-county only)
- Superior Court Judge (multi-county only)
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.
Questions? Call (360) 902-4180 or toll free (800) 448-4881. Assistance is available Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.