File for Office
<< For Candidates & Campaigns
CANDIDATE FILING 2021 HAS CLOSED
The Voters' Pamphlet deadline for all statewide, congressional, legislative and judicial candidates was Friday, May 28, 5 PM
For questions, please contact us Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at (800) 448-4881 or [email protected].
Online Candidate Filing was open from May 17 to May 21. Candidate Filing is now closed.
- Candidate Filing for 2022 will be May 16 to May 20, 2022. The candidate guide will be updated at the beginning of next year.
Requirements to file online
- Be registered to vote in the district for which you are filing.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Submit by 4 p.m. on Friday.
File in person or by mail
- Complete a paper filing form.
- Pay with cash or check.
- Submit a petition in lieu of filing fee (see Candidate Guide pg. 4).
- Must be in office by 5 p.m. on Friday.
All candidates are encouraged to file a Declaration of Candidacy online. For help, please contact your filing office.
The Office of the Secretary of State administers the public offices listed below. Contact your county elections office for all other offices.
- United States Senator
- United States Representative
- Statewide Executive
- State Legislative (multi-county only)
- Supreme Court Justice
- Court of Appeals Judge (multi-county only)
- Superior Court Judge (multi-county only)
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.
Questions? Call (360) 902-4180 or toll free (800) 448-4881. Assistance is available Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.