File for Office
<< For Candidates & Campaigns
CANDIDATE FILING PERIOD: MAY 17-21, 2021
For questions, please contact us Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at (800) 448-4881 or [email protected].
Online Candidate Filing will open here from 9:00 a.m. May 17 to May 21 at 4:00 p.m.
At 9:00 a.m. on Monday, May 17, 2021, a button will appear to access the filing portal. Mobile devices are not recommended. For best results use Chrome. Payment must accompany the declaration before an election official may process. Please allow 24-48 hours for candidacy approval. You will recieve a confirmation email to the candidate email address.
Requirements to file online
- Be registered to vote in the district for which you are filing.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Submit by 4 p.m. on Friday.
File in person or by mail
- Complete a paper filing form.
- Pay with cash or check.
- Submit a petition in lieu of filing fee (see Candidate Guide pg. 5).
- Must be in office by 5 p.m. on Friday.
All candidates are encouraged to file a Declaration of Candidacy online. For help, please contact your filing office.
The Office of the Secretary of State administers the public offices listed below. Contact your county elections office for all other offices.
- United States Senator
- United States Representative
- Statewide Executive
- State Legislative (multi-county only)
- Supreme Court Justice
- Court of Appeals Judge
- Superior Court Judge (multi-county only)
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.
Questions? Call (360) 902-4180 or toll free (800) 448-4881. Assistance is available Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.