File for Office
<< For Candidates & Campaigns
2020 Online Candidate Filing: May 11 at 9am to May 15 at 4pm.
How to Become a State Candidate
Learn how to file for office and correctly submit your Voters' Pamphlet material with the State Candidates Guide 2020.
Questions? Call (360) 902-4180 or toll free (800) 448-4881. Assistance is available Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
You may file your Declaration of Candidacy online with the Secretary of State's Office for these public offices:
- United States Senator
- United States Represenative
- State Legislative (multi-county only)
- Supreme Court Justice
- Court of Appeals Judge
- Superior Court Judge (multi-county only)
Contact your county to learn if online filing is available for other offices.
Requirements to file online
- Be registered to vote in the district for which you are filing
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Provide a valid email address
- Submit by 4pm on Friday
File in person or by mail when:
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.