File for Office
<< For Candidates & Campaigns
CANDIDATE FILING HAS CLOSED
For questions, please contact us Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at (800) 448-4881 or [email protected].
Write-in candidates must complete a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy form.
For fees and instructions, please see forms to file curbside, by mail, or email.
This page was open from May 11 to May 15, 2020. The regular filing period is closed.
Requirements to file online
- Be registered to vote in the district for which you are filing
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Provide a valid email address
- Submit by 4 p.m. on Friday
File in person or by mail
- Candidate filing forms to file in-person or by mail
- Pay with cash or check
- Submit a filing fee petition
- Submit by 5 p.m. on Friday
All candidates are encouraged to file a Declaration of Candidacy online. For help, please contact your filing office. The Office of the Secretary of State administers the public offices listed below. Contact your county for other offices.
- United States Senator
- United States Representative
- Statewide Executive
- State Legislative (multi-county only)
- Supreme Court Justice
- Court of Appeals Judge
- Superior Court Judge (multi-county only)
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.
Questions? Call (360) 902-4180 or toll free (800) 448-4881. Assistance is available Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.