The offices of the Corporations and Charities Division will be closed from Monday, May 3, through Friday, May 14. Customers are encouraged to submit filings via mail or online. For questions or assistance, please contact (360) 725-0377 or [email protected].
NOTICE: CCFS will be offline 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. every third Tuesday for regular maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Under new laws of 2016, the Secretary of State will not certify or attest to the signature of a notary public on a document:
- Regarding allegiance to a government or jurisdiction;
- Relating to the relinquishment or renunciation of citizenship, sovereignty, military status, or world service authority; or
- Setting forth or implying a claim of immunity from the laws of jurisdictions within Washington, immunity from the laws of the State of Washington, or immunity from Federal Law.
Authenticity or certification of signatures - Attestation. RCW 43.07.032
- Documents must be notarized prior to their request for apostille or certification
- Los documentos deben ser notariados antes de su solicitud de apostilla o certificación
- Link to notary guidelines RCW 42.44.100
Certificates are not valid for use anywhere within the United States of America, its territories or possessions.