NONPROFIT CORPORATIONS: September 2, 2022 - CCFS is being updated to reflect changes to nonprofit corporation laws under RCW 24.03A. Currently, all nonprofit filings will be completed by paper forms while we work to provide online filing options. We are processing documents in the order received and there will be delays. If your documents were recently submitted, please disregard any automated late notices while we work to get all records updated on the website. Paper documents must be received in our office before their due date; once they have been entered into the system the record will reflect accurately. If you have any questions concerning this matter please let us know by using one of the methods available on the Contact Us page.
Under new laws of 2016, the Secretary of State will not certify or attest to the signature of a notary public on a document:
- Regarding allegiance to a government or jurisdiction;
- Relating to the relinquishment or renunciation of citizenship, sovereignty, military status, or world service authority; or
- Setting forth or implying a claim of immunity from the laws of jurisdictions within Washington, immunity from the laws of the State of Washington, or immunity from Federal Law.
Authenticity or certification of signatures - Attestation. RCW 43.07.032
- Documents must be notarized prior to their request for apostille or certification
- Los documentos deben ser notariados antes de su solicitud de apostilla o certificación
- Link to notary guidelines RCW 42.44.100
Certificates are not valid for use anywhere within the United States of America, its territories or possessions.