Training Session - Basics of Managing Records
This session gives all state and local government employees a quick overview of how to manage the records (electronic and paper) that they create and receive each day.
- What is a public record?
- How long do records need to be kept?
- What can be destroyed and what goes to the State Archives?
- How can Washington State Archives help your agency?
- Where can I learn more about managing records?
This session also satisfies the records retention portion of Open Government Trainings Act requirements for Elected/Appointed Officials, Public Records Officers, and Records Officers/Managers.
- Any employees of state and local government agencies who create or receive records;
- Records Officers/Managers and Public Records Officers new to the field or needing a refresher.
Click on our Training Calendar to find the next session and register online.
Download PowerPoint Slides
Basics of Managing Records - March 2019 (29 minutes)