Ballot Status Codes
During an election, track your ballot at VoteWA.gov. Ballot status will update as your ballot is received and processed. Please allow 3-5 business days for your ballot to be posted as received.
Ballot Status Categories
- Ballot has been marked as sent by the county (date may be in the future)
- Ballot has been received, but signature has not been reviewed.
- Signature review has been completed, the voter has been credited with voting, and the ballot is accepted.
- Rejection/Challenged + Challenged Reason
- Signature/ballot has been challenged. The county election official will contact the voter.
|The status for these codes could change during processing.
||Voter returned a previously issued ballot that has been superseded.
· If the ballot returned is the same ballot style as the current ballot, it will be counted.
· If different ballot style, the ballot must be held until 7 days after Election Day and then duplicated onto eligible ballot style if the current ballot is not returned.
||The ballot is being held for signature review. Following the review, this status will change.
|These challenge codes require an action by the voter. The voter will be sent a letter to cure the ballot.
||The voter did not sign the declaration on the outside of the return envelope. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.
|Signature Does Not Match
||The signature on the return envelope does not match any signature on file. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.
||The voter registration has failed the ID check and must provide ID before the ballot can be counted. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.
|Other than Voter
||The signature on the return envelope does not match any signature on file. The signature on the return envelope appears to be a different name. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.
|Power of Attorney
||The signature on the return envelope was completed by someone other than the voter and the signer is identified as Power of Attorney. The voter must make a mark (X) and have it witnessed by two people. The voter will be contacted by the county election official.