Douglas' Journal, 1823-1827
|Title||Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827 : together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of his death in 1834|
|Author||Douglas, David, 1799-1834|
|Contents||Published eighty years after the death of David Douglas, this work contains the description of his travels to North America on behalf of the Royal Horticultural Society, his description of various species of American Oaks and Pines, his memoir, and an account of his death.|
London : W. Wesley & Son, 1914
State Library Catalog Information
*DJVU | PDF
Some PDF files may be too large to load in a browser. If you experience any problems, right-click (Windows) or Ctrl + click (Mac) and choose "Save Link As" to save the file to your computer to open and view there.
|Table of Contents|
If you experience difficulty viewing the PDF versions of the publication please make sure your PDF viewer and or browser is up-to-date. Internet Explorer users may wish to upgrade to the latest version of the browser or use an alternative, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
Table of Contents
DJVU files are much smaller in size and will download and display faster than the PDF versions.
- Portrait of David Douglas - DJVU | PDF
- Title Page - DJVU | PDF
- Preface - DJVU | PDF
- Contents - DJVU | PDF
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America - DJVU | PDF
- Some account of the American Oaks - DJVU | PDF
- A sketch of a journey to the North-western parts of the Continent of America - DJVU | PDF
- Journal of an expedition to the North-west America - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix I – Memoir of David Douglas - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix II – Extract from David Douglas’ Journal - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix III – Account of Douglas’ death in the Sandwich Islands - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix IV – Inscription on Douglas’ Monument at Honolulu - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix V – List of papers written by David Douglas - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix VI – Plants introduced by David Douglas - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix VII – Ice Lettuce - DJVU | PDF
- Appendix VIII – Some American Pines - DJVU | PDF
- Index - DJVU | PDF
To view the images you will need either a DJVU plugin or Adobe's Acrobat Reader, both which are free.