Early Okanogan history.
|Title||Early Okanogan history: gives an account of the first coming of the white men to this section and briefly narrates the events leading up to and attending the establishment of the first settlement in the state of Washington under the American flag… September 1st, 1811.|
|Author||Brown, William Compton, 1869-1963|
|Contents||This is a brief history of the establishment of the American trading post at Fort Okanogan by Astor’s Pacific Fur Trading Co. and its eventual cession to the Northwest Co. in 1813.|
Okanogan: Press of the Okanogan Independent, 
State Library Catalog Information
|View||*DJVU | PDF|
|Table of Contents|
If you experience difficulty viewing the PDF versions of the publication please make sure your PDF viewer and or browser is up-to-date. Internet Explorer users may wish to upgrade to the latest version of the browser or use an alternative, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
Table of Contents
DJVU files are much smaller in size and will download and display faster than the PDF versions.
- Front cover - DJVU | PDF
- Portrait – John Jacob Astor - DJVU | PDF
- Title page - DJVU | PDF
- Chapter I. The coming of the Nor’westers - DJVU | PDF
- Chapter II. The coming of Astor’s men - DJVU | PDF
- Chapter III. Fort Okanogan - DJVU | PDF
- Chapter IV. The Nor’westers triumph over Astor - DJVU | PDF
- Chapter V. Later history - DJVU | PDF
- Illus. Old Fort Okanogan - DJVU | PDF
To view the images you will need either a DJVU plugin or Adobe's Acrobat Reader, both which are free.