About Legacy Washington
Legacy Washington documents extraordinary stories in Washington history. This collaborative venture, spearheaded by Secretary of State Kim Wyman, relies on original sources at the Washington State Library, the Washington State Archives and heritage organizations across the state. The work of Legacy Washington can be found in libraries around the country and museums of Washington.
Washington State Heritage Center Trust
The Washington State Heritage Center Trust (soon to be ALL Foundation of Washington) supports the work of Legacy Washington. Formed in August 2008, the Trust is a non-profit organization registered with the State of Washington. The Trust received its 501 (c) (3) status from the Federal Government in May 2009, making gifts to the Washington State Library (including the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library), Washington State Archives and Legacy Washington tax deductible under regulations of the Internal Revenue Service.
The Trust is governed by a 18-member Board of Trustees that ensures that all gifts to the Trust are used to support Legacy Washington, and its programs, as the donor intends.
Board of Trustees:
- Alex McGregor - Trust Chair - President, The McGregor Company
- Gerry Alexander - Trust Vice Chair - Attorney, Bean, Gentry, Wheeler & Peternell, PLLC
- Stuart Halsan - Law Office of Stuart A. Halsan
- Jerri Honeyford - Board member, MaryHill Museum and The Washington Trust
- Kristie Kirkpatrick - Retired Director, Whitman County Rural Library District
- Stephanie Lucash - Assistant City Manager/American Rescue Plan Act Administrator, City of Kenmore
- Sam Reed - Former Secretary of State
- John Sirois - Committee Coordinator at Upper Columbia United Tribes
- Jan Walsh - Retired State Librarian
- Tom Quigg – Port Commissioner for the Port of Grays Harbor
Ex Officio Trustees:
- Kim Wyman - Secretary of State
- Mark Neary Assistant Secretary of State
- Steve Excell - Washington State Archivist
- Sara Jones - Washington State Librarian
- Jennifer Kilmer - Director, Washington State History Museum
- Laura Mott, Trust Secretary - Director of Development