About Legacy Washington -
Legacy Washington documents extraordinary stories in Washington history. This collaborative venture, spearheaded by Secretary of State Kim Wyman, relies on original sources at the Washington State Library, the Washington State Archives and heritage organizations across the state. The work of Legacy Washington can be found in libraries around the country and museums of Washington.
Washington State Heritage Center Trust
The Washington State Heritage Center Trust supports the work of Legacy Washington. Formed in August 2008, the Trust is a non-profit organization registered with the State of Washington. The Heritage Center Trust received its 501 (c) (3) status from the Federal Government in May 2009, making gifts to the Washington State Library (including the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library), Washington State Archives and Legacy Washington tax deductible under regulations of the Internal Revenue Service.
The Trust is governed by a 15-member Board of Trustees that ensures that all gifts to the Trust are used to support Legacy Washington, and its programs, as the donor intends.
Board of Trustees:
- Alex McGregor, Trust Chair - President, The McGregor Company
- Gerry Alexander, Trust Vice Chair - Attorney, Bean, Gentry, Wheeler & Peternell, PLLC
- Jan Ames - Former director of the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library
- Catherine Brazil - Director of Public Affairs, Cowles Company
- Stuart Halsan - Law Office of Stuart A. Halsan
- Jerri Honeyford - Board member, MaryHill Museum and The Washington Trust
- Sally Snyder Paxton - Sally Paxton Designs
- Jennifer Robertson - City of Bellevue Councilmember
- Jan Walsh - Retired State Librarian
Ex Officio Trustees:
- Kim Wyman - Secretary of State
- Laura Mott, Trust Secretary - Director of Development
- Steve Excell - Washington State Archivist
- Jennifer Kilmer - Director, Washington State History Museum
Emeritus Board Member:
- Sam Reed - Former Secretary of State