All branches of the Washington State Library are currently closed to the public. Questions received via email, chat, and phone will be answered between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Collection items are available through your local library using interlibrary loan. All collection materials currently checked out due July 15, and the blue book drop located near our back door is available for use. For more information, please visit our page regarding the closure.
Washington State Library COVID-19 Resources
The Washington State Library (WSL) will fund 2 scholarships to the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) 2020 Conference in Witchita, Kansas. Preference will be given to applicants who have not won this scholarship before. The value of the scholarship is approximately $2,000. The scholarship will fund a year's membership in ARSL, travel, lodging, and conference registration. ARSL Conference dates are September 30 – October 3, 2020.
- Applicants must be from a public or tribal library or library branch serving a population of 10,000 or less in Washington State.
- Scholarship awardees must commit to a doing follow-up project.
First time ARSL conference attendees will receive preference. To apply, please complete the online applicantion.
Each scholarship winner will be required to do the following:
- Attend a WSL scholarship get-together during the conference. We will share conference experiences and insights, and discuss ideas that can be implemented in our respective libraries.
- Scholarship winners should identify a project to accomplish in their own library (inspired by the conference), and carry out that project within six months' time.
- Each scholarship winner commits to share their project results/outcomes with Washington's library community. Options include a visual report that WSL can share, a conference presentation, a journal article (e.g., ALKI article), or presenting a First Tuesday online seminar.
- Each scholarship winner must also write a 1-2 page project report.
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).