The Washington State Library (WSL) will fund 2 scholarships to the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) 2018 Conference in Springfield, Illinois. Preference will be given to applicants who have not won this scholarship before. The value of the scholarship is approximately $2,000. The scholarship will fund a year's membership in ARSL, travel, lodging, and conference registration. ARSL Conference dates are September 13-15, 2018. More information about the conference is located on the ARSL 2018 Conference Information webpage.
- Applicants must be from a public or tribal library or library branch serving a population
of 10,000 or less in Washington State.
- Scholarship awardees must commit to a doing follow-up project.
First time ARSL conference attendees will receive preference. Please complete both of the below steps to apply:
- Please mail a copy of the ARSL Scholarship Application with original signatures to the address below. All applications must be postmarked by June 15, 2018. We cannot accept faxed or emailed applications. Please keep a copy for your records.
ARSL Scholarship grants
Washington State Library
PO Box 42460
Olympia, WA 98504-2460
- Send a digital copy of your application in Word or RTF to WSLgrants@sos.wa.gov by June 15, 2018.
Each scholarship winner will be required to do the following:
- Attend a WSL scholarship get-together during the conference. We will share conference experiences and insights, and discuss ideas that can be implemented in our respective libraries.
- Scholarship winners should identify a project to accomplish in their own library (inspired by the conference), and carry out that project within six months' time.
- Each scholarship winner commits to share their project results/outcomes with Washington's library community. Options include a visual report that WSL can share, a conference presentation, a journal article (e.g., ALKI article), or presenting a First Tuesday online seminar.
- Each scholarship winner must also write a 1-2 page project report.
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).