ARSL conference project
The Washington State Library (WSL) will fund up to 3 individuals to attend the Association for Rural and Small Library (ARSL) conference in Chattanooga,TN. ARSL conference dates are September 14-17, 2022. (Preference will be given to applicants who have not attended this conference previously.) The value of the grant is approximately $3,000 and will fund travel, lodging, and conference registration. Preconference sessions will be covered with prior approval. The grant will open for applicants on July 11, 2022 and close at the end of business on July, 22, 2022. The Washington State Library has prepaid the registrations costs for the three potential awardees in order to meet the early bird registration deadlines. Awardees will be notified by August 1, 2022.
- Applicants must be from a public or tribal library or library branch serving a population of 10,000 or less in Washington State.
- Awardees must commit to a doing follow-up project.
Each awardee will be required to do the following:
- Attend a WSL scholarship get-together during the conference. We will share conference experiences and insights, and discuss ideas that can be implemented in our respective libraries.
- Each attendee should identify a project to accomplish in their own library (inspired by the conference), and carry out that project within six months' time.
- Each attendee must also write a 1-2 page project report about their conference inspired project and submit it to the WSL ARSL project manager by September 30, 2022.
- Each awardee commits to share their project results/outcomes with Washington's library community. Options include a visual report that WSL can share, a proof of a presentation to their library staff, a journal article (e.g., ALKI article), or presenting a First Tuesday online webinar.
- Conference costs will be reimbursed when the following three steps are completed:
- Evidence of how the project has been shared with others is prented to the WSL ARSL manager.
- A final one page short written report is submitted to the WSL ARSL project manager for approval.
- Conference and travel receipts are submitted for approval to the WSL ARSL project manager.
The deadline for applications is July 22, 2022.
Questions: contact WSL ARSL project manager, Tami Masenhimer ([email protected]) or Carolyn Petersen([email protected]). WSL's funding for this continuing education program for library staff comes from IMLS through the Library Services and Technology Act grant.
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).