Microsoft Imagine Academy Online Learning
The Washington State Library's Microsoft Imagine Academy provides Washington state residents free access to high quality online learning resources for Microsoft Office (productivity) applications, computer science, data science, IT infrastructure, and developer. Resources for each Learning Path are listed below; these may include Online Learning Directories (links to videos), Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC - eTextbook) and Study Guides (ebook), plus accompanying assessments and practice files. Course Packages (when available) contain all available resources for the named content area.
Know it? Prove it! The best way to validate your knowledge and skills - and prove to employers you have what it takes to get the job done - is to get Microsoft certified - now free for a limited time for ALL Washington residents. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Technical Certification (MTC), and Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) certifications are available. Get certified in 3 steps:
Step 1 - Learn using the Microsoft Imagine Academy resources below, visit your local (Washington) public library's website to get access to Lynda.com online learning courses (you will need a valid library card) and other resources, or use online learning tools found on WSL's Learn, Practice, Certify page, or on Microsoft Learn.
Step 2 - Practice using exam practice tests. The State Library funds GMetrix practice test access for Washington residents. Contact your local public library or email State Library staff Elizabeth Iaukea to request an access code. GMetrix practice tests are accepted pre-requisites for free certification through the WSL/Washington Libraries program. Alternatively high school or college transcripts showing a passing grade in a course covering the exam content are accepted.
Step 3 - Certify at a participating Washington public library, College, or with the State Library. Locate an Authorized Testing Center near you using the Certiport Locator and contact them to schedule your exam. Exam inventory is free to Washington residents, but some locations may charge a proctoring fee of up to $30 per exam. Contact the site for more information. In response to the COVID-19 closures, online exam proctoring is temporarily available. For more information email Elizabeth Iaukea.
Productivity/Office - MOS Certifications
Office 2019/365 - Video-based courses for learning and certification exam preparation (search for 'cert prep' followed by the application name) from LinkedIn Learning /Lynda.com, available free of charge through your local public library (valid library card and PIN required for access). Find your Washington public library.
Office 2019 Online Learning Directory - Excel file (exam prep content for each application are on separate tabs)
- MO-100 Microsoft Word Associate 2019 eText (.pdf) & Learning Activity Resources.zip
- MO-101 Microsoft Word Expert 2019 eText (.pdf) & Learning Activity Resources.zip
- MO-200 Microsoft Excel Associate 2019 eText (.pdf) & Learning Activity Resources.zip
- MO-202 Microsoft Excel Expert 2019 eText (.pdf) & Learning Activity Resources.zip
- The MO-102 Excel Expert Study Guide has not been released
- MO-300 Microsoft PowerPoint Associate 2019 eText (.pdf) & Student Activity files are coming soon!
- MO-400 Microsoft Outlook Associate 2019 eText (.pdf) & Learning Activity Resources.zip
- The MO-400 Outlook Study Guide has not been released
- MO-500 Microsoft Access Expert 2019 eText (.pdf) & Learning Activity Resources.zip
- The MO-500 Access Expert Study Guide has not been released
- Word 2016 Course Package
- Excel 2016 Course Package
- Excel Expert 2016 Course Package
- PowerPoint 2016 Course Package
- Access 2016 Course Package
- Outlook 2016 (no course package available)
- Word 2013: Videos and tutorials, MOAC & practice files, MOS Study Guide & practice files*
- Excel 2013: Videos and tutorials, MOAC & practice files, MOS Study Guide & practice files*
- PowerPoint 2013: Videos and tutorials, MOAC & practice files, MOS Study Guide & practice files*
- Access 2013: Videos and tutorials, MOAC eTextbook & practice files, MOS Study Guide & practice files*
- Outlook 2013: Videos and tutorials, MOAC & practice files, MOS Study Guide & practice files*
Non-English resources are available; click here to choose your preferred language.
*To access practice files for MOS Study Guides, choose 'Downloads'
MSIA Computer Science Online Learning Directory Excel file with links to videos for following courses: Technopreneurship: From Pitch to Prototype, Introduction to Python, HTML5 App Development (exam prep for MTA 98-375 exam), Software Development (exam prep for MTA 98-361 exam); each course is on a separate tab.
- Intro to Computer Science: Learn to Code micro:bits
- MTA 98-375 HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals exam objectives
MSIA Data Science Online Learning Directory Excel file with content covering Excel 2016, Database Fundamentals, Working with Non-Relational Data, Using Data in Software Apps, Analyzing and Visualizing Data, Data Science & Machine Learning; each topic is on a separate tab.
- Excel MOS & MOS Expert - see resources above
- MTA 98-364 Database Fundamentals exam objectives
- MCF PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals exam objectives
- MCF DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals exam objectives
- Introduction to Data Science (OneNote course package)
- Working with Non-Relational Data (OneNote course package)
- Using Data in Software Applications (OneNote course package)
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel (OneNote course package)
- Data Science and Machine Learning Essentials (OneNote course package)
MSIA IT Infrastructure Online Learning Directory (Excel file) contains links to videos supporting Exam 98-366: Networking Fundamentals and Exam 98-367: Security Fundamentals
- MTA 98-349: Windows OS Fundamentals exam objectives
- MTA 98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam objectives
- MTA 98-366: Networking Fundamentals exam objectives
- MTA 98-367: Security Fundamentals exam objectives
- MTA 98-369: Cloud Fundamentals exam objectives
- MTA 98-368: Mobility and Devices Fundamentals exam objectives
Microsoft AI & Cloud Computing
All content in this section links to Microsoft Learn, provided for your convenience
- AZ-900: Azure Fundamentals exam objectives
- AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals exam objectives
- DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals exam objectives
- MB-901 Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals exam objectives
- MB-910: Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM exam objectives
- MB-920: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals ERP exam objectives (release date 6/8/21)
- MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam objectives
- PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform exam objectives
- SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals exam objectives
Technology Skills + Innovative Teaching - Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE)
Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) is a technology literacy certification for educators.
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).