The State Library will be closed on August 30, 2017 for staff training. No appointments, online chat, or telephone assistance will be available that day.
Check out these free training resources to get up to speed on e-books and e-readers in libraries.
- WLA 2012 Pre-Conference
- Downloads, eBooks, and Apps, Oh My!
- eReader: The technical side
- Discover the technical side of eBooks and eReaders. Learn about DRM, Adobe ID and troubleshooting eBooks.Presenters are Darlene Pearsall, King County Library System; Liz Boston, Timberland Regional Library System and Michelle Angell, Pierce County Library System. Recorded March 21, 2012.
- Infopeople Copyright Law Update 2011: Ebooks, Google Books, Patron Requests and New International Developments
- Archive and resources from the Infopeople webinar, on June 9, 2011 on copyright law and e-books.
- Demystifying E-Readers
- January 12, 2012
- Lending eReaders: What Libraries Need to Know
- Follow-up to the January 2012 Demystifying E-Readers session. Recorded February 28, 2012.
- Developing and Maintaining E-Reader Policies and Procedures for Libraries
- WebJunction Webinar, January 31, 2012
- Documents and Digital Devices
- Lorena O'English, Washington State University Libraries, curriculum on documents and digital devices.