This session gives state and local government employees with responsibility for financial records a quick overview of how to manage the records (electronic and paper) that they create and receive each day. We will cover several frequently asked questions about the retention and management of financial records, as well as the general information that all government employees need to know about managing public records:
- What is a public record?
- How long do records need to be kept?
- What can be destroyed and what goes to the State Archives?
- How can Washington State Archives help your agency?
- Where can you learn more about managing records?
This webinar satisfies the records retention portion of Open Government Trainings Act requirements for Elected/Appointed Officials, Public Records Officers, and Records Officers/Managers.
- Any employees of state or local government agencies who work with financial records;
- Records Officers/Managers and Public Records Officers new to the field or needing a refresher.
***Participants will receive detailed directions for joining the webinar using a browser, conference system, or by phone the day before the event. Please be sure to enter an accurate email address when registering to ensure that you receive these directions.***
Date & Time Start:
06-17-2020 10:00 AM
Date & Time End:
06-17-2020 11:00 AM