Washington Summer Reading - Resources
The CSLP website has excellent resources to assist libraries with their summer reading planning and programs. Registered users have access to a second navigation bar. Go to (www.cslpreads.org) and register to access the following resources – open to all Washington public library staff. Allow 24 to 48 for approval.
- Under Learning Tools, click on Family Literacy to find a complete program on early literacy based on Every Child Ready to Read and the 6 skills
- Under Learning Tools, click on Summer Reading Research
- Under Downloads find PSAs in English and Spanish and the 2010 signing video
- Signing videos of the 2013 program are available from the cslpreads website (login required) under Proprietary Downloads, then Signing Videos.
TeachingBooks.net is offering free resources for summer 2010 curtesy of Upstart. These online materials include collections of:
- Author interviews in video, audio, and written formats
- Audio booktalks with authors, illustrators, and professional narrators
- Book discussion and activity guides
- Audio recordings of authors pronouncing and telling stories about their names
- Links to author and illustrator websites
- For access to these materials and more, visit:
Omniglot.com is a great source for writings systems, alphabets in many languages, phrases with sound files, songs in other languages and more. It's easy to get lost in this incredible site.
2013 Program Manual Errata
- The CSLP Customer service number was incorrectly listed as 1-800-255-2757 inside the front cover of the CSLP catalog. The correct number is 1-855-255-2757.
- Dig Into Reading
- PDF Forms Handouts, Chapter one, a file titled 34 Reading Contract Spanish is missing the appropriate file extension (.pdf) to be opened. If unable to open the file, you may download the file in PDF format.
- Fonts for 2013 program - visit cslpreads.org (requires login), choose Proprietary Downloads, then choose Fonts.
Return to top
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).