Gale Cengage Learning Public Library Group Purchase
This page provides information on the Gale Cengage Learning public library group purchase and renewal.
In partnership with Washington Public Libraries Cooperate! (WPLC!), the Washington State Library Statewide Database Licensing Project and Gale Cengage Learning are pleased to offer the 2014 Gale online database options.
This offer is available for all public libraries and provides unlimited number of users and remote access for the subscription term of January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014. For 2014, you will again be able to choose your package level and within that level, you will be able to select the resources that best fit the needs of your library and your patrons.
Package Additions and Enhancements
- An option to upgrade to DemographicsNow with Business and People (which includes massive integrated business and household directories and additional demographic reports).
- Now a selection choice, Business Insights: Global, which provides business case studies; ability to chart and compare global statistics, access to globally focused industry profiles and much more.
- A “Mulligan” option: replace any database with another during the subscription period.
Gale's Ongoing Commitment to WPLC
- No price increase since 2006.
- Pricing based on 2006 service population.
- 14 additional choices added since 2010.
- Added new customer care department in 2011 to help you maximize user engagement.
- In Context products have replaced Resource Center products based on user feedback.
To calculate your approximate cost, take your population served (a link on the offer website) and multiply that by the FTE cost outlined in the 2014 proposal. Billings will be net 30 days or as otherwise requested by the individual libraries. All participants will be billed directly by Gale Cengage Learning.
There are four levels to choose from (A, B, C, or D). If you wish to participate in the 2013 Gale package, please visit our website to renew electronically at http://galesites.com/trial/wplc. Be sure to check the package that you want and select individual databases within that level.
Please visit the website or return the forms no later than December 15, 2013, if you wish to participate. These databases are for public library access, if your local high school would like to have access to these databases please call us for a quote.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Thank you!
If you have any questions or problems with the renewal, please use the contact information provided at the bottom of the page to contact either Gale Cengage or the State Library. Please sign up via the web site order process.
Washington State Library
Toll free: 866.538.4996
Statewide Database Licensing Project Manager
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).