SDL Advisory Committee
SDL Advisory Committee Members
As of April, 2014, the members are:
Neill Public Library
210 N. Grand Ave
Director, Medical Library & Archives
Virginia Mason Medical Center
925 Seneca Street, MS: R2-ML
Seattle, WA 98101
Information Services Manager
7312 35th Ave NE
Instructional Improvement Coordinator
Educational Service District 105
33 South Second Avenue .
Yakima, WA 98902
Bellingham Technical College
3028 Lindbergh Ave.
Bellingham WA 98225
Benita Brown, NBCT
Sacajawea Elementary School
Richland WA 99354
509 967 6325
Coordinator of Reference Services
Harriet Cheney Cowles Memorial Library
300 West Hawthorne Rd.
Spokane, WA 99251-0901
Kate Burton, NBCT
Fort Vancouver High School
5700 E. 18th Street
Highline Community College
2400 S 240th St.
Des Moines, WA 98198
Ritzville Public Library
302 W. Main Ave.
Collection Development Manager
Tacoma Public Library
1102 Tacoma Avenue South
Tacoma, WA 98402
Will Stuivenga, Project Manager
Washington State Library
PO Box 42460
Olympia, WA 98504-2460
Toll free: 866.538-4996
Advisory Committee Responsibilities
The Statewide Database Licensing Advisory Committee includes representatives from all types of Washington libraries. Their responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute new ideas and vision for future of cooperative licensing activities;
- Evaluate the project mission statement;
- Represent the wishes and opinions of the Washington library community
- Make decisions about which databases to license when central funding is involved, about cost allocation formulas, license terms and conditions, and other such matters related to cooperative licensing;
- Assist staff with communications, public relations, and all publicity efforts to help promote this project;
- Identify groups with which to collaborate, and coordinate the establishment of relationships with them;
- Be aware of, and support, other ad hoc cooperative licensing efforts that may arise from special communities of interest;
- Represent the Statewide Database Licensing (SDL) Project to other organizations;
- Establish subcommittees or new committees and terms of service, recruit members, and provide liaisons to those committees.
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).