DB Trials 2010: StrataLogica
These trials expired April 30, 2010.
All access and pricing information has been removed.For more information use the sidebar to find current statewide database trials or to contact the trials manager.
View a complete product desciption, pricing, and vendor answers below:
1. Describe the database product(s). If you want us to link to more than one product, provide a unique description for each product. If there are special hardware or software requirements, please make sure you include them in the description.
StrataLogica is a web-based, interactive digital mapping product for computers, laptops, LCD projectors and / or interactive whiteboards. StrataLogica is powered by Google Earth but delivers educationally-appropriate Nystrom maps, globes, atlases and charts via a standard web browser. Among the many features available, users can mark on 3 dimensional maps in a variety of different ways and then save the maps for use in the future. Outline maps can also be customized by the user and saved as PDFs, and Nystrom atlases for all grade levels are available in e-book format. StrataLogica supports the Classroom-Based Assessments for Social Studies in History, Economics, Civics and Geography. Nystrom World and U.S. History maps and atlases, Washington State maps, and Economics and Civics Charts are all available as options with StrataLogica.
Individual trials are available by visiting http://www.stratalogica.com and clicking on the green button that says "Sign up for Free Trial". Users will be prompted to enter some basic information about themselves and will then receive an e-mail response with a link that must be clicked-on in order to activate the free trial. Trials are active for 30 days but can be extended upon request.
2. Is remote access included in the subscription price? If there are additional charges or requirements in order to offer remote access, please describe them. What methods of remote access are supported? If applicable, please discuss any methods or assistance you offer regarding remote access patron verification and authentication.
StrataLogica is entirely web-based. See http://www.stratalogica.com/ for details.
3. What customer training is provided, and at what cost? Please include "freebies" such as Web-based tutorials, end-user documentation tents, cheat-sheets, etc.
Professional development is provided by the local Nystrom Representatives at either the school district or building level at noadditional charge. Additionally, web-based "Map Tips" include instructions navigating around the maps and provide ideas for lessons. Map Tips also inform the user about the built-in functions of StrataLogica and allow users to enter notes, among other things.
4. What customer and technical support is provided, including hours of operation? In your reply, please include contact names (if applicable) or name of department, the phone numbers and e-mail addresses for your support services. If you have toll-free access to these support centers, please make sure they are available here.
Technical support is provided locally by the Nystrom Representatives in the Pacific Time Zone (one in Seattle, one in Spokane), as well as by the Nystrom Tech SupportDepartments in Chicago, Illinois (8:00 - 5:00 Central Time) and Indianapolis, Indiana (8:00 - 5:00 Eastern).
5. Please describe the statistics you provide, and discuss whether your statistical reporting complies in part or in whole with the guidelines developed by the International Coalition of Library Consortia found at http://www.library.yale.edu/consortia/webstats06.htm or the COUNTER Code of Practice found at http://www.projectcounter.org/code_practice.html.
Statistics are not provided.
7. Please provide the name and contact information (toll-free telephone number, e-mail address, hours, etc.) for libraries to make further inquires. (Sales representatives for our area are preferred.)
Brian Hanser, Nystrom Sales Representative
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).