DB Trials 2010: Journey Back in Time
These trials expired April 30, 2010.
All access and pricing information has been removed.For more information use the sidebar to find current statewide database trials or to contact the trials manager.
View a complete product description, pricing, and vendor answers below:
1. Describe the database product(s). If you want us to link to more than one product, provide a unique description for each product. If there are special hardware or software requirements, please make sure you include them in the description.
Journey Back in Time brings history to life with access to valuable primary source materials online. It includes thousands of selected newspaper articles, rare books, original videos, photos, maps, and documents spanning 400 years of American heritage. Each item has been painstakingly scanned and preserved as a PDF image so you can experience the very item your ancestors held in their hands.
Original scanned materials are available, along with reformatted text versions in English and Spanish.
- Browse thousands of original articles in the Time Vault
- Read chapters from old volumes in the Rare Book Room
- Watch Video Time Capsules about the people and events that have shaped our world
- Create your own student assignments using the Time Vault’s primary resources
- Use the Dictionary of Historical Terms to find helpful definitions
- Play games such as the Citizenship Challenge, Know Your States, Know Your Presidents, and more – students can learn more about history and compete against their friends
Internet access is the only technical requirement for Journey Back in Time.
2. Is remote access included in the subscription price? If there are additional charges or requirements in order to offer remote access, please describe them. What methods of remote access are supported? If applicable, please discuss any methods or assistance you offer regarding remote access patron verification and authentication.
Remote access is included in the subscription price. Any user can access the Journey Back in Time database from any location with Internet access: they will just need to have their School ID and Password. There are no additional charges or requirements for this service.
3. What customer training is provided, and at what cost? Please include "freebies" such as Web-based tutorials, end-user documentation tents, cheat-sheets, etc.
Mackin will provide one-time training at no charge to employees at a state level, and will also provide online and downloadable tutorials and user manuals at no cost.
4. What customer and technical support is provided, including hours of operation? In your reply, please include contact names (if applicable) or name of department, the phone numbers and e-mail addresses for your support services. If you have toll-free access to these support centers, please make sure they are available here.
Customer and technical support is always available Monday through Friday from 7:30am – 5:30pm CST. You may reach our customer service department at 800-245-9540 (our phones are always answered by a live person; after-hours questions will be answered the next business day) or via email at email@example.com. Online live chat is also available 7:30am – 5:30pm CST, Monday through Friday.
5. Please describe the statistics you provide, and discuss whether your statistical reporting complies in part or in whole with the guidelines developed by the International Coalition of Library Consortia found at http://www.library.yale.edu/consortia/webstats06.htm or the COUNTER Code of Practice found at http://www.projectcounter.org/code_practice.html.
We are in the process of developing statistical reporting that will wholly comply with the guidelines developed by the International Coalition of Library Consortia. These reporting procedures will be completed by March 1, 2010.
7. Please provide the name and contact information (toll-free telephone number, e-mail address, hours, etc.) for libraries to make further inquires. (Sales representatives for our area are preferred.)
For more information about Journey Back in Time, please contact:
Mackin Educational Resources
Cell: 509-881-0018 or 800-245-9540
Mackin Educational Resources
Phone: 800-245-9540 ext. 2335
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).