DB Trials 2009: Winway Resume Deluxe
1. Describe the database product(s). If you want us to link to more than one product, provide a unique description for each product. If there are special hardware or software requirements, please make sure you include them in the description.
WinWay Resume Deluxe Site/Network Edition is a comprehensive resume writing program used by the State of Washington Employment Security Department (ESD). The product is also available to any library in the State of WA. The license fee is based on the number of library computers. The license allows unlimited users and unlimited resumes for an unlimited period of time.
The program is very easy to use and patrons can start using it without any training. The Resume Wizard feature walks the patron through the steps of resume creation, and offers a choice of 14,000+ examples in virtually every profession. WinWay Resume also audits the finished resume for errors. The patent-pending Resume Auditor® automatically audits for errors such as jobs out of order, employment gaps, or inappropriate information such as age, gender, weight, height, etc. Over 100 resume and letter errors are checked for, including low GPA, potential age discrimination, readability problems (small fonts, light colors, capitalization), and much more. The Resume Auditor may also recommend adding specific items to the resume to make it more complete. Resumes can be exported to MS Word, Acrobat PDF, and other common formats.
WinWay Resume saves library staff time by offering a complete resume writing solution plus the ability to automatically audit the resume for errors. It goes beyond resume writing and offers letter writing, interview simulation, salary negotiation, and online job search.
2. Is remote access included in the subscription price? If there are additional charges or requirements in order to offer remote access, please describe them. What methods of remote access are supported? If applicable, please discuss any methods or assistance you offer regarding remote access patron verification and authentication.
The program runs on library computers. Remote access is not supported.
3. What customer training is provided, and at what cost? Please include "freebies" such as Web-based tutorials, end-user documentation tents, cheat-sheets, etc.
The following resources are available free of charge:
- Web-based tutorial
- User’s manual
- Quick reference card
The program is easy and self-explanatory, and the use of these resources is optional.
4. What customer and technical support is provided, including hours of operation? In your reply, please include contact names (if applicable) or name of department, the phone numbers and e-mail addresses for your support services. If you have toll-free access to these support centers, please make sure they are available here.
Technical support is free:
5. Please describe the statistics you provide, and discuss whether your statistical reporting complies in part or in whole with the guidelines developed by the International Coalition of Library Consortia found at http://www.library.yale.edu/consortia/webstats06.htm or the COUNTER Code of Practice found at http://www.projectcounter.org/code_practice.html.
The product is installed locally – statistics do not apply.
6. Describe your pricing structure or formula for the product. (I.e. we want to know what your prices are and how they are calculated: Based on FTEs? On buildings? On a combination, or on something else?
7. Please provide the name and contact information (toll-free telephone number, e-mail address, hours, etc.) for libraries to make further inquires. (Sales representatives for our area are preferred.)
Judi Carmel, Vice President of Sales
1-800-4-WINWAY, ext. 174
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).