DB Trials 2009: Tell Me More
1. Describe the database product(s). If you want us to link to more than one product, provide a unique description for each product. If there are special hardware or software requirements, please make sure you include them in the description.
TELL ME MORE® Online is the only language learning solution that offers flexible, engaging and comprehensive language learning for libraries. It allows patrons to learn a language anytime, anywhere, with our remote access feature.
TELL ME MORE® Online addresses all the skills critical to language learning: reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary, grammar, and culture. Regardless of whether your patrons are a complete beginner or an advanced speaker, TELL ME MORE® Online will take your library patrons to the next level of language success.
TELL ME MORE® Online is available for patrons to learn Spanish, English (ESL: English as a Second Language), French, German, Italian and Dutch. Solutions are also available for Chinese, Japanese and Arabic. It is perfect for ESL and literacy programs as well.
Providing the highest quality linguistic content to library patrons:
- Up to 2,000 lesson hours per language program
- Varied topics in everyday language and business language
- Supports the needs of adult learners and adolescents
- An audio-glossary including up to 10,000 words classified by level and category
- 37 different types of interactive activities delivering up to 10,000 exercises per language!
- Advanced speech recognition technology that recognizes and analyzes pronunciation.
- Constant monitoring of the language learning process
- Placement test for patrons to determine their skill level
- Progress tests to benchmark their newly acquired skills
- Language Achievement Test at the end of the program to rank the patron in comparison to the major standardized tests on the market: Council of Europe, TOEIC, TOEFL…
2. Is remote access included in the subscription price? If there are additional charges or requirements in order to offer remote access, please describe them. What methods of remote access are supported? If applicable, please discuss any methods or assistance you offer regarding remote access patron verification and authentication.
Yes, remote access is included in the subscription price.
3. What customer training is provided, and at what cost? Please include "freebies" such as Web-based tutorials, end-user documentation tents, cheat-sheets, etc.
Web-based training is provided at no additional cost. On-site training is available for $3995 for a 1 day training session. Auralog provides marketing material, end user documents and other pertinent material. I’ve attached a document that provides some more detail.
Aurolog e-Learning Product Proposal (.doc Word file)
4. What customer and technical support is provided, including hours of operation? In your reply, please include contact names (if applicable) or name of department, the phone numbers and e-mail addresses for your support services. If you have toll-free access to these support centers, please make sure they are available here.
Tech support toll free number 888.388.3535 request to be transferred to the technical department
Hours of operation are M-F 7AM to 4:30PM
5. Please describe the statistics you provide, and discuss whether your statistical reporting complies in part or in whole with the guidelines developed by the International Coalition of Library Consortia found at http://www.library.yale.edu/consortia/webstats06.htm or the COUNTER Code of Practice found at http://www.projectcounter.org/code_practice.html.
The statistics are accessible through a web portal.
A list of some of the available statistics include:
- Number of active users
- Number of accounts created
- Amount of time spent in TMM
Below is a sample screen shot of the reporting portal.
6. Describe your pricing structure or formula for the product. (I.e. we want to know what your prices are and how they are calculated: Based on FTEs? On buildings? On a combination, or on something else?)
7. Please provide the name and contact information (toll-free telephone number, e-mail address, hours, etc.) for libraries to make further inquires. (Sales representatives for our area are preferred.)
M-F 0700 – 1600 MST
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).