DB Trials 2009: ABC-CLIO / Greenwood Publishing
1. Describe the database product(s). If you want us to link to more than one product, provide a unique description for each product. If there are special hardware or software requirements, please make sure you include them in the description.
We are happy to provide all Washington State libraries a specialized Ebook list to choose from. Titles were hand-picked to meet the needs of your patron base. The theme is "hard times" and the titles within are focused on the economic and business environment.
Our platform offers the following benefits:
- Perpetual access pricing model
- Unlimited simultaneous users
- Remote access for your patrons
- No special hardware or software required to run these
2. Is remote access included in the subscription price? If there are additional charges or requirements in order to offer remote access, please describe them. What methods of remote access are supported? If applicable, please discuss any methods or assistance you offer regarding remote access patron verification and authentication.
Remote access is included at no additional cost. We support Barcode Authentication, EZ Proxy, Referrer URL, and Username and Password remote access. If help is needed in setting this up the library can contact Tech Support at the information provided in part 4.
3. What customer training is provided, and at what cost? Please include "freebies" such as Web-based tutorials, end-user documentation tents, cheat-sheets, etc.
We provide a help file within our Ebook platform that provides step-by-step detail on searching, browsing, settings, "bookmarking," note taking, etc. We also send "freebies" such as cheat sheets, user tents, and cheat sheets to our customers as part of our "Welcome kits."
These are provided at no cost.
4. What customer and technical support is provided, including hours of operation? In your reply, please include contact names (if applicable) or name of department, the phone numbers and e-mail addresses for your support services. If you have toll-free access to these support centers, please make sure they are available here.
We provide all necessary technical support for set-up and maintenance of our electronic products. Tech support is available Monday -Friday from 8am – 5pm Pacific Time.
Contact information is as follows:
Greenwood Technical Support Manager
5. Please describe the statistics you provide, and discuss whether your statistical reporting complies in part or in whole with the guidelines developed by the International Coalition of Library Consortia found at http://www.library.yale.edu/consortia/webstats06.htm or the COUNTER Code of Practice found at http://www.projectcounter.org/code_practice.html.
We provide “self-serve” usage stats our Ebook program. The usage stats provided comply with the COUNTER Code of Practice.
6. Describe your pricing structure or formula for the product. (I.e. we want to know what your prices are and how they are calculated: Based on FTEs? On buildings? On a combination, or on something else?)
7. Please provide the name and contact information (toll-free telephone number, e-mail address, hours, etc.) for libraries to make further inquires. (Sales representatives for our area are preferred.)
All libraries should contact:
Western Region Sales Manager
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).