Registration for Washington public, tribal, and community and technical college libraries for the Microsoft IT Academy is open (please read through information below before registering). Each library branch/location is licensed seperately for the Microsoft IT Academy; please complete registration for each participating library location/branch. If you are registering multiple locations, you may follow the link at the end of the registration form to provide information for the next library location/branch or select “Done” when you have registered all locations to complete your registration(s).
Two types of information will be needed to register.
- The first collects information on the library location/branch.
- The second collects information on the contact/program administrator for the library.
Library location/branch information includes Library (System) Name, Branch Name if needed, and a street address. Please make sure the address listed in Address 1 is a street address and not a PO Box. A street address is a required part of the registration process. If you also list a PO Box, please do so as Address 2 or Address 3.
The Program Administrator should be the library staff person that will lead the Microsoft IT Academy project for your library. Responsibilities for this person include:
- Coordinate program implementation within the library;
- Promote the program to staff and patrons;
- Receive communications from the IT Academy Program ;
- Identify library staff to attend training(s) on the Microsoft IT Academy Program.
If you have additional staff involved in the project, the Program Administrator will be the link between the library, WSL staff and Microsoft IT Academy staff.
The Program Administrator can easily be changed and updated. If the administrator should change as you deploy IT Academy at your library, there is an easy update process. The Library Director or current/outgoing Program Administrator should contact Elizabeth Iaukea via email with the name and contact information for the new Program Administrator; please also include your library name.
Two options for assigning a Program Administrator are available:
- Include the name of a different program administrator for each library location/branch
- Use the same program administrator for all library locations/branches. If you choose the latter option, you may indicate this on the registration form and enter the information on only the first location entry completed.
Deadline for registering
Registration will remain open throughout two year period that legislative funding has been guaranteed (July 2013 through June 2015).
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).