OverDrive: How To Transfer
Before you begin using OverDrive, we recommend that you download the OverDrive Media Console (OMC). You will need the OMC to download files to your computer and to transfer files to your portable devices.
OverDrive help on transferring files to your device
OverDrive has an excellent, self-guided video tutorial system available.
You may access the main video tutorial page ...
... or go to the video specifically for how to transfer to a portable device.
Steps for transferring files to your device
Transfer a title to a supported portable device using the Transfer Wizard in OverDrive Media Console v3.0 (or newer) as follows…
- If you have not already done so, verify that the permissions on the title allow you to transfer the title to your supported portable device (publishers may opt to disable this functionality for certain devices). For instructions on verifying device compatibility, click here.
- Connect your portable player to your computer.
- In OverDrive Media Console, highlight a title and click the 'Transfer' button.
The Transfer Wizard is displayed.
- Verify that the correct title is displayed on the first screen of the Transfer Wizard and click 'Next'.
The Transfer Wizard searches for a connected portable device.
If your device is not detected, the Transfer Wizard will display a message stating that 'no portable players could be found.' Click here for more information about why your portable player could not be found.
If your device is detected the 'Confirm' screen is displayed.
- In the 'Confirm' dialog box, select the Part(s) you want to transfer by checking the box(es) next to the Part name(s).
- Click 'Next' to begin transferring the file(s) to your device.
When the transfer is complete, the Transfer Wizard displays a 'success' message.
- Click 'Finish' to exit the Transfer Wizard.
Disconnect your portable device.