|Best known for||State Senator|
| Born||1922, Berkeley, Alameda County, California, USA|
| Education||U.C. Berkeley, B.A. and General Secondary Teaching Credentials. Columbia University, graduate work|
- Chair. King County-Metro Consolidation Advisory Committee.
- Chair. Elevated Transportation Company Council.
- State Representative. House of Representatives. Republican. 44th District (King County), Washington. 1969 - 1975. 6 year(s). House Republican Caucus Secretary, 1971-1975. 1969 on the committees of Education and Libraries; Local Government; Revenue and Taxation. 1971 on the committees of Appropriation; Elections and Apportionment; Local Government; Natural Resources and Ecology. 1973 on the committees of Ecology; Local Government; Social and Health Services.
- State Senator. Senate. Republican. 44th District (King County), Washington. 1975 - 1979. 4 year(s). 1977 on the committees of Ecology; Local Government; Social and Health Services. 1979 on the committees of Ecology; Energy and Utilities; Local Government.
- County Councilmember. King County. 1980 - 1991. 11 year(s). Chair in 1982, 1990, and 1991.
- Member. Central Puget Sound Growth Management Hearings Board. 2000 - 2006. 6 year(s). Appointed by Governor Locke.
- Warren G. Magnuson Award, Municipal League (2004).
- Woman of the Year Award, League of Women Voters (1991).
|Affiliations:||Board Member, Swedish Hospital/ Ballard Campus Foundation|
Municipal League of King County,
President, Seattle League of Women Voters
Trustee, Board of NW hospital
“North says no to fourth county council term,” by Mary Rothschild, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, March 5, 1991.
“Reading Orchids Gives Lois North’s Morale a Boost—Council Representative has Served Shoreline Area for 22 Years,” by Judy Van Deen, The Seattle Times, March 28, 1990.