|Best known for||Governor|
| Born||06/15/1870, Halifax, West Yorkshire County, England|
| Parents||Jeremiah H. Lister, |
| Education||Business College.|
| Marriages||Mary Alma Thornton 02/28/1893, Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, USA|
| Children||Florence Lister. John Ernest Lister. |
| Death||06/14/1919, Seattle, King County, Washington, USA|
| Buried||Tacoma Cemetery, Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, USA|
- Shop Operator. Operated a woodworking shop in Tacoma.
- Owner. Lister Construction Company. 1903-1912. Also President of Lister Manufacturing Company in Tacoma.
- City Councilmember. Populist. Tacoma, Washington. 1894.
- Chair. Democrat. State Board of Control, Washington. 1897 - 1901. After managing Governor John Rogers campaign, he was appointed chair of the State Board of Control which was in charge of the state's welfare institutions.
- Governor. Democrat, Washington. 01/11/1913 - 06/14/1919. Elected governor in 1912, re-elected in 1916. Died in office.
|Notes:||Changed from Populist to Democrat in 1900.|