Invest in the Washington State Heritage Center
Private investors are essential
Your investment in the Washington State Heritage Center will:
- Combine the State Library, State Archives, a learning center, and the resources of Historical Societies and Heritage Associations state-wide all working together under one roof on the Capitol Campus – a national model.
- Inspire civic responsibility and engagement in people of all ages by illustrating through innovative exhibits and interactive education how citizen involvement impacts the community, state and nation.
- Create a heritage network to provide educational and research resources accessible statewide via the internet.
The Washington State Heritage Center Trust is the 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization registered in the State of Washington that manages private gifts in support of the Heritage Center and its activities. A fifteen-member volunteer Board of Trustees oversees the operation of the Trust ensuring that all gifts are used as the donor intends.
Donate Online »
Innovative Exhibits illustrate little-known stories about people – past and present – who impact the state, government, and community.
The state-of-the-art Heritage Center Network uses technology and partnerships to expand the heritage experience beyond the walls of the center. This outreach program provides educational materials about Washington State Heritage to schools, community organizations and others along with interactive web programming and the capability to record and broadcast programs statewide.
Programs of the Heritage Center
- The Legacy Project
- State Library author talks
- The Family Genealogical Center
- State Archives workshops for researchers
- Acquisition of rare books, documents and artifacts relating to the State of Washington including:
Outright gift of books, documents or artifacts
Support of endowment to create a fund to acquire these rare objects as they become available on the market
For information about making a gift, contact Carleen Jackson, 360-902-4126, email@example.com.